Enable auto sync in the app
Go to the Setup or Settings section of your mobile app and set the following parameters in the NETWORK block:
- Auto Sync: Select when you want your app synchronized:
- On Start (app will synchronize every time it starts, even after it was running in the background)
- On Change (app will synchronize with server after every data change)
- On Start & On Change
- Sync Login: Set to Off. This disables the synchronization screen, where you enter URL, name, and password.
- Save Password: Set to On.
The on-start automatic synchronization is initiated at every app startup, unless one of the following conditions blocks it:
- Password is not saved
- Sync login is required
- Application was synchronized no more than 15 minutes ago
- No network connection is active
- There are some unresolved sync conflicts from last sync (it is indicated on the Home screen)
- Require Sync Login: Set to False.
- Auto Sync: Enable on start, on change, or both.
- Auto Sync Delay: Optionally, set up a time period in seconds for automatic synchronization. For example, use 1200 to initiate auto sync every 20 minutes.
You have the option to Lock each field. If you do so, the users won’t be able to change these settings in their apps.
Automatic synchronization is controlled by application settings. It can be triggered in several ways:
|Internal name||Configuration label||App settings label||Description|
|AppSettings.AutoSyncAfterStart||#seconds to wait before syncing after application start. This is ignored if a synchronization was run within the last 15 minutes|
|Auto Sync||Auto Sync||Set up automatic synchronization. (Never, On App start, After entity form save action)|
|AppSettings.AutoSyncDelay||Auto Sync Delay||Synchronizes every X seconds even if no local changes were made. 0 means disabled.|
|AppSettings.AutoSyncAfterChange||Auto Sync in Online||Synchronizes X seconds after a change is made in Online Mode. 0 means disabled.
|AppSettings.SyncEmailOnSend||Email change triggers email sync (unless sync is already triggered)|
|AppSettings.GoingOnlineMode||Sync before going Online||Whether to synchronize before going into Online Mode: NoAction / AskUserToSync / WarnUserMustSync / ForceSync|
|AppSettings.GoingOfflineMode||Sync before going Offline||Whether to synchronize before going into Offline Mode: NoAction / AskUserToSync / WarnUserMustSync / ForceSync|