We are preparing a new source of documentation for you. Work in progress!
Barcodes and QR codes are methods of representing data in a visual, machine-readable form. Barcode scanning is a must-have feature for many field sales scenarios. If your device is equipped with a camera with autofocus (and most modern devices are), you can use barcode scanning in Resco Mobile CRM.
Change field format to barcode
If your entity has a field that can be read from a barcode, you must change the formatting of the field using Woodford.
- Edit an app project and select the entity from the Project menu.
- Select the field. It must have the type Single Line of Text.
- On the Properties pane, set Formatting to Barcode.
- Click Save.
For more information about managing entities and fields in Woodford, see Managing entities.
Use barcode in forms
If you add the field with barcode format to your form, the app displays a custom button that initiates camera and barcode scanning. The scanned value is saved to the field.
Use barcode in views
You can enable barcode scanner functionality to find records in views, particularly lookup views. You will notice barcode scanner icons. When you tap this icon, the camera turns on and when you focus it on the barcode or QR code, it recognizes the value and compares the value with the field set to barcode formatting. If the value is found, the record is selected.
There's a subtle difference between the buttons in the top caption row and search bar:
- The caption button is used in lookup views. If the search is successful, the record is automatically added to the field from which it was called.
- The search bar button is useful in all views and serves simply an alternative way to search and filter records.
Supported barcode formats
- Quick tip: Barcode scanning
- Scanning codes can simplify your processes
- Use QR code for quick logins
- Barcode scanning in action
- Resco Mobile CRM with Barcode Scanner Support
- Tailoring the mobile report: How to use customized and barcode fonts
- AI Image Recognition - using AI image classification for use cases similar to barcode scanning