Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an enterprise resource planning system from Microsoft. The product is part of the Microsoft Dynamics family.
Resco Cloud integration
Resco Cloud can connect to Business Central using one of the following methods:
- Power Automate + Resco Cloud connector - full-featured integration
- Integrations (Preview) - for now mostly useful for migration scenarios
Use case: connect to Business Central
You can use Integrations to connect to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Register Resco application in Business Central
Before you can start migrating data between Resco Cloud and Business Central, you must register the Resco application (clientId) in Business Central and grant Resco consent with accessing Business Central data.
- Log in to your Business Central organization and go to the Azure Active Directory Applications.
- Click New and fill out the registration form.
- As Client ID, use
- Add User Permission Sets.
- Grant the necesary consent.
Install Resco extension on Business Central
The extension is required for synchronizing between Resco Cloud and Business Central.
- Download the extension from Resco web.
- Log in to Business Central and search for "extensions".
- On the Manage tab, click Upload Extension and upload the zip file.
- Start Woodford and select Integrations from the Administrator menu.
- Click New and enter the following details:
- Name - enter a name of your integration
- Connector - select OData
- URL - enter the URL of Business Central OData endpoint (e.g., https://api.businesscentral.dynamics.com/v2.0/b8cc0002-2542-46ed-8584-d4868701fbc4/Production/ODataV4/)
- Username - BC account's email address
- Password - BC account's password
- CustomQueryParamaters - custom query, which should be added to the every request (e.g.,
&company=CRONUS%20USA%2C%20Inc.). It is important to include the correct
- Click Save.
Double-click this integration to map external entities/fields to local entities/fields.
For Business Central, some settings are configured by default:
- Default mapping will be added. In the preview, only three entities are officially supported: account, contact, and work order.
- Based on default mapping, External Primary Key fields will be added to the schema.
Verify that the three supported entities are enabled, save all changes, and you can start migrating or synchronizing data: