|User interface components|
Calendar is one of the building blocks of Resco mobile apps that displays the activities schedule. Users can switch between day, week, and month view, plus there's the agenda view that displays upcoming events.
Calendars can be added to the app project in several ways:
- You can define one or more "global" calendars that you can add as a menu item to the home screen. Global calendars can contain activities from several entities, for example, appointments and tasks.
- For entities that have the start date and end date fields defined, app users can flip the view to display the records as a calendar.
- This calendar view is also available when you add an associated or unrelated entity list as a tab to a form.
What can be displayed as a calendar
The calendar view is available primarily for activity entities, i.e. entities that include start time and end time fields that can be displayed in a calendar. However, any entity can be displayed as a calendar, if you define the appropriate date fields on the entity view.
Manage global calendars
You can define multiple global calendars. A single calendar can include calendar entries from multiple entities. Each calendar can have different activity entities displayed and different constraints and rules applied.
- Edit an app project in Woodford.
- Select PIM > Calendar from the Project menu to display a list of available calendars.
Use the common toolbar functions to create new calendars (New), duplicate them (Clone), edit their properties (Edit), change their name (Rename), delete them (Delete), export them to a file or import them (Import File, Export File).
Calendar properties are displayed in multiple tabs. Make your changes, then click Save & Close.
Select the entity views that will be available in your calendar. This also defines which activity entities will be available on the specific calendar. You can select the default entity and the initial view that will be set each time the calendar is opened. A newly created calendar usually comes with suitable entities preconfigured, but you can click Add Entity to include other activities, as long as they have the date fields defined.
Set the calendar limitations.
- Set Date Range to restrict dates when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Set Time Range to restrict hours when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Use Day Filter to select days that are available on the calendar, and when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Use Tabs to enable/disable calendar views/tabs.
- Multi Select View
It is possible to control the color of the calendar entries based on the Rules functionality. This is similar to Form rules; prior knowledge and experience with form rules can help you greatly.
You can set different rules for specific activity entity, or you can set up a global rule, where you can for example disable the drag and drop functionality for a specific entity.
Example: We want to color appointments depending on the subject field. When the subject of the appointment contains the string "meeting", we want to color this appointment in orange color (#FFFF9000 color). To change the color, click Add Step and select Color from the drop-down menu, then enter the color value (#AARRGGBB, AA = Alpha/Transparency, RR = Red channel, GG = Green channel, BB = Blue channel) into the text box in the Assign operator.
See Rules editor for more information.
Add calendar to home
Once you have defined your calendar, you can add it to the Home screen.
- Edit an app project and go to the Home screen.
- Select Calendar in the Available Items pane and click Add.
- Click Save.