Calendar is a type of view that can be used in Resco Mobile CRM app. It is available for activity entities, i.e. entities that include start time and end time fields that can be displayed in a calendar. Custom activity entities are also supported.
You can define multiple calendars. A single calendar can include calendar entries from multiple entities. Each calendar can have different activity entities displayed and different constraints and rules applied.
- Edit an app project in Woodford.
- Select Calendar from the Project menu to display a list of available calendars.
Use the common toolbar functions to create new calendars (New), duplicate them (Clone), edit their properties (Edit), change their name (Rename), delete them (Delete), export them to a file or import them (Import File, Export File).
Calendar properties are displayed in multiple tabs. Make your changes, then click Save & Close.
Select the entity views that will be available in your calendar. This also defines which activity entities will be available on the specific calendar. You can select the default entity and the initial view that will be set each time the calendar is opened.
Set the calendar limitations.
- Set Date Range to restrict dates when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Set Time Range to restrict hours when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Use Day Filter to select days that are available on the calendar, and when users can create activities from the calendar.
- Use Tabs to enable/disable calendar views/tabs.
- Multi Select View
It is possible to control the color of the calendar entries based on the Rules functionality. This is similar to Form rules; prior knowledge and experience with form rules can help you greatly.
You can set different rules for specific activity entity, or you can set up a global rule, where you can for example disable the drag and drop functionality for a specific entity.
Example: We want to color appointments depending on the subject field. When the subject of the appointment contains the string "meeting", we want to color this appointment in orange color (#FFFF9000 color). To change the color, click Add Step and select Color from the drop-down menu, then enter the color value (#AARRGGBB, AA = Alpha/Transparency, RR = Red channel, GG = Green channel, BB = Blue channel) into the text box in the Assign operator.
See Rules editor for more information.
Add calendar to home
Once you have defined your calendar, you can add it to the Home screen.
- Edit an app project and go to the Home screen.
- Select Calendar in the Available Items pane and click Add.
- Click Save.