|Integration with third-party systems|
Resco CRM Connector (web APIs):
If you need to store large amount of documents, you don't have to rely on CRM attachments. Resco Mobile CRM can leverage cloud storage services of DropBox, Google Drive, and SharePoint. The implication is that when you attach documents and files to CRM records in the mobile app, you can decide where to store the documents.
DropBox and Google Drive
- Edit an app project in Woodford.
- Select Documents from the Project menu.
- Check Enable Documents and click Save.
- Next, edit the forms for various entities and add Cloud Document List to the entity form, so that users can access documents associated with entity records.
- Finally, you need to go to Mobile CRM app's Setup and log in to DropBox or Google by using your credentials (or the credentials of your company).
|Note||All documents that you want to access must be downloaded to the offline database, even if you want to use Mobile CRM app in Online mode.|
For more information:
- Watch this webinar about integration of external documents.
- Read a series of technical deep dive articles: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
Integration with SharePoint document storage is only available on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Mobile CRM application supports both Sharepoint List Component base integration and Server-Side Integration. Both will result in the creation of the required records. The difference is in the CRM web user interface, which is not important for Mobile CRM. The List Component is deprecated, but please read the following guidelines to make sure you pick the right choice.
Mobile CRM requires that sharepointsite and documentLocation records are correctly configured. This means that these records must exist:
- At least one sharepointsite record with the sharepoint url
- At least one documentLocation per Sharepoint-enabled-entity root
|Warning||Don't create these records manually! Use the wizard instead.|
- In Dynamics CRM, go to Settings > System > Document Management.
- Click Document Management Settings to start the wizard.
- Select entities that should have SharePoint documents integration.
- Enter the URL of the SharePoint site.
- Optionally, select the Folder Structure and Automatic folder creation.
- Click Finish to conclude the wizard.