- This article is about adding inspections features to Resco Mobile CRM app using Woodford. For information about the solution, see Resco Inspections.
Configuring in Woodford
To configure inspections in Woodford, you need Woodford 10.2 or later.
- Edit an app project.
- Select Inspections in the Project menu.
- Check Enable Inspections and click Save.
- You can integrate Inspections with your project in a few clicks:
- To add Inspections to your Home screen, click Add to Home.
- To add Inspections to a Form, click Add to Form. You have to select an entity; Inspections are added to that entity's default view. You can repeat this step for multiple entities as needed.
- To install a pre-configured automatic report, click Install Report.
|Note||Inspections require a separate license. If you are not sure if your organization has the appropriate license, please contact your account manager at Resco or email us at email@example.com.|
The one-click integration into app projects (the Add to... buttons) wasn't originally included. The bindings had to be created manually. If you want to create your integration from scratch, or if you are looking for inspiration how to customize the display within the app, see Adding questionnaires to app projects.
To see it in the application, use the Resco Mobile CRM app, version 10.2.1 or higher.
After opening Questionnaires in the application, a list of questionnaires (including templates and completed questionnaires) is visible. You can use Woodford to create separate views for templates and answers.
Once the questionnaire is filled and saved, copy of the initial template is created with all the answers and stored as a separate questionnaire. Users don’t make changes on the original questionnaire, since it is used as a template for future inquiries.
It is not possible to have two questionnaires opened at once – the user can work with one questionnaire at a time. To fill out another questionnaire, the user must save and close the questionnaire or discard changes and close it.
Questionnaire templates, snippets, and questionnaire answers are stored in the same entity (questionnaire). Additionally, templates can have different states (active, draft, inactive). All of these can be displayed in the mobile app. However, it usually does make sense to differentiate and filter these records. Consider the following Woodford settings:
- Use Sync Filter to define what data from the server is replicated in the Resco Mobile CRM application during a synchronization. Remember that sync filters usually only apply in offline mode!
- Use view filters to restrict the displayed data in the view to only those that meet the specified conditions. You can create multiple views for different use cases.
When you add inspections to your project, you are enabling several custom entities:
- Question (resco_Question)
- Question Group (resco_QuestionGroup)
- Questionnaire (resco_Questionnaire) - this entity is actually used in three ways
- As a questionnaire template (if Is_Template = Yes)
- As a snippet (if Is_Snippet = Yes)
- As a filled-in questionnaire
- Questionnaire Folder
Permissions for Inspections entities need to be set based on what action will the user perform on questionnaires.
For Questions and Question groups, users – administrators – managers, who create and fill out questionnaires, should have a Read and Create permission (enable the Update permission only if it admins will need to modify questionnaires later).
- User / Inspector
- (a person who is filling out the questionnaires)
- Read permission – required for owned records and records owned by the manager that creates the questions (e.g. Business unit level).
- Create permission – is needed so the user can answer questionnaire templates and save the completed questionnaires.
- Update, Delete permissions – users may not have these permissions unless they’re creating questionnaires themselves.
- (a person who us creating questionnaires, and gathering info)
- Read permission – necessary for owned questionnaires.
- Create, Update, Delete permissions – required at least for owned questionnaires. Delete permission is upon consideration.
|Note||If you want to enable viewing and updating all questionnaires available on the server for all managers, these permissions need to be set rather for a business unit.|
It is also possible to manage permissions by assigning ownership of Questionnaires to teams in the CRM backend.