|Warning||This page describes a function that has not yet been publicly released, or has been released in beta / preview quality. Subject to change.|
|Integration with third-party systems|
Resco CRM Connector (web APIs):
Power Automate is a Microsoft service that helps you create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more. Power Automate can be used to connect a Resco Cloud organization with other CRM/ERP backend systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Connecting backends is often a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Use Microsoft-standardized integration to save time and money.
- Automating the communication can extend Resco Cloud benefits to the users of other backends, for example, offline mobility or some field service functions.
Resco Cloud connector
The Microsoft-certified Resco Cloud connector exposes a couple of operations that allow you to seamlessly create, read, update, and delete records.
In order to use this connector, you will need the following:
- An organization at Resco Cloud or any affiliate product from Resco website.
- You can sign up for a free trial.
- An user account with schema access privilege or system administrator privilege.
This connector uses Basic authentication. When creating a new connector (in Power Apps/Logic Apps), you must provide login credentials. You must also select a server to use with this connector and the organization name you specified during sign-up.
This connector supports the following operations:
- List records: Get a list of records.
- Get record: Get record with a specific ID.
- Create a new record: Create a new record.
- Delete record: Delete record with a specific ID.
- Update record: Update record with a specific ID.
- Get current user: Get the current user record associated with login credentials.
Creating a sample flow using the connector
Building custom connectors
Resco has prepared OpenAPI definition files that can be used by Power Automate to create a custom connector for interfacing with Resco Cloud. Both YAML and JSON formats are available. When using an OpenAPI definition to describe a custom connector in Power Automate, the file must be less than 1 MB. Therefore, the API definition only includes selected entities by default. Contact Resco support for more information.
|Tip||The API definition files can be also utilized by other tools and services compatible with the OpenAPI standard, not only Power Automate.|
(Coming soon): You can also generate your own OpenAPI file with entities necessary for your particular use case. In the Admin Console, select TBD from the menu; then select the entities (fields?) that you need.