|Warning||This page describes a function that has not yet been publicly released, or has been released in beta / preview quality. Subject to change.|
Release 14.2 is planned for September 2021.
Houston mobile user interface now looks nicer on larger devices in landscape mode, such as tablets.
- You can now download multiple attachments in one batch during synchronization to save some API calls and potentially even improve sync performance.
- You can now set the maximum resolution for images you upload to Resco mobile apps in the parameter Upload Image Size.
Server-side business logic improvements
You can now reuse any existing job or workflow in your process. If you need to iterate through multiple records or just call multiple jobs from a single job, you can simply use the Server.Execute step:
Job or workflow must be created already. If you would like to iterate through the same process, it must be saved first. The number of iterations is limited to 8192.
Collapsible question groups
Question groups in your questionnaires can now collapse when answering questionnaires. Only a single question group remains expanded to reduce scrolling and focus the attention of the mobile user on the current job. This behavior is configured on the Properties pane: select the top-level element of the template and modify the value Group Expanding.
Grid layout for questions
Questionnaire reports have already supported grid layout for questions, i.e., multiple questions could be arranged in a row. With this release, we're introducing a grid layout when answering questionnaires. This behavior is configured on the Properties pane: select the top-level element of the template and set Layout Type to Grid. See grid layout for more information.
Multiple images question
The Image question has been renamed to Image/Media. Fortunately, this is not the only change; this question type now offers additional functions:
- You can now answer it with multiple images or files.
- In the case of images, you can configure maximum width and/or height.
- You can set maximum file size (larger files are rejected).
- Multiple images or files are also displayed on reports or in the Results Viewer.
Earlier this year, we have added the option to configure the behavior of the Run Report command in the app. Arguably, configuration via a JSON string in the On Execute rule was not the most user-friendly option. To remedy this situation, we have now added a graphical user interface for this configuration.
In addition, there's also a new parameter. You can configure Immediate action that is performed when users generate the report. Use "SaveAndClose" to save the generated report immediately.
See Configure Run Report command for more information.
- Route plan configuration in Woodford now includes a new parameter Activity Name Field which allows you to define which field is displayed as the title of the record in the list and on the map.
- Mobile users can now optimize their routes even if there's an incomplete fixed-time appointment (ongoing or past).