Resco CRM sync
|Integration with third-party systems|
Resco Cloud can connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. By creating a connection between these two organizations, you create a Resco Cloud organization based on the Dynamics organization metadata. So that all entities and fields from Dynamics are replicated in the newly created Resco Cloud organization. It also synchronizes data from Dynamics to Resco Cloud and vice versa.
Any change in data in Dynamics is synchronized to Resco periodically and any change in the Resco Cloud is pushed to Dynamics immediately after saving the change.
|Note||This feature should only be used when you want to synchronize a Dynamics organization with a Resco Cloud organization. It is not needed for Woodford itself. Also, this feature is not available with Salesforce.|
There are a number of possible reasons why connect Resco Cloud and Dynamics, such as:
- Using it for your sales or technician forces, with Resco Mobile CRM app instead of having them to connect to Dynamics server.
- Migration from Dynamics to Resco Cloud.
Creating a connection
- Select Resco CRM sync from the Administration menu of Woodford.
- Click Connection to open the Resco CRM Sync Connection Setup screen.
- In Resco CRM Login section, configure Url, Username (email), and Password of your Resco organization that you want to create. As Url, specify either a unique organization name, or type the exact URL, for example
https://MyDynamicsCopy123.rescocrm.com. Do not use an existing Resco Cloud organization URL. If you are connecting from a Resco Cloud organization, these parameters cannot be changed.
- In Dynamics CRM Login section, enter the Url, Username, and Password of your Dynamics CRM organization. If you are connecting from Woodford for Dynamics, the Url is already set.
- Click Connect. A new organization is created on Resco Cloud, including entities and entity fields based on the organization on Dynamics. If you're connecting from an existing Resco Cloud organization, Dynamics entities and fields are added to existing entities and fields.
You can click Disconnect if you want to request deletion of the Resco Cloud organization.
Once connected, you can select which entities are used for data synchronization. In other words, you need to define what data and the corresponding entities should be synchronized between the Dynamics organization and the Resco Cloud organization.
- Update Server
- Synchronizes metadata changes. When you add a new entity or field in your Dynamics organization, use it for updating your Resco Cloud organization.
- Metadata update does not work in the opposite direction, i.e., entities and fields created on Resco Cloud are not copied to Dynamics (due to various restrictions for custom entities on Dynamics). As a workaround, you can create the necessary entities/fields on Dynamics manually.
- Sync All
- Synchronizes all data of the selected entities between the Resco Cloud organization and Dynamics organization.
- Saves changes in the list of entities and in the synchronization filters.
- Sync Filter
- Specifies a filter for the data per entity; what records to sync from the Dynamics organization to the Resco Cloud organization, so that you only transfer the relevant data.
- Sync Deletion
- For each entity, you can customize how to handle delete operations and ownership changes on Dynamics:
- Clear this option to use simple incremental synchronization for updating this entity. Information about deletions is not transferred to Resco Cloud. This is the default behavior.
- Enable this option to synchronize also deletions and ownership changes. This makes the synchronization slower, particularly for large tables.
- Imports a configuration from a file.
- Exports the selected configuration (list of entities, fields, and sync filters).
Offline Transactions tab
In normal operation, Resco Cloud sends data changes to Dynamics immediately. If the connection is not available, the new and modified records are collected at Resco Cloud. Once the connection is restored, the changes are sent to Dynamics.
The Offline Transactions tab shows the individual transactions along with their Status:
- All - all transactions
- Pending - transactions waiting for upload
- Processed - transactions successfully delivered to Dynamics
- Error - transactions unsuccessfully delivered - this is the default view
- Archived - transactions manually marked as Archived
Use the toolbar buttons to change the status of transactions:
- Set to Pending: Schedule selected transactions for a new delivery.
- Set to Archived: Mark selected transactions as Archived. These changes will not be delivered to Dynamics.
- Set all to Pending: Schedule all failed transactions (with the status Error) for a new delivery.