Resco CRM sync
Resco CRM server can connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. By creating a connection between these two organizations, you will create Resco CRM organization based on the Dynamics CRM organization metadata. So that all entities and fields from Dynamics CRM will be replicated in newly created Resco CRM organization. It also synchronizes data from Dynamics CRM to Resco CRM and vice versa.
A change in data in the Dynamics CRM will be synchronized to Resco CRM periodically and a change in the Resco CRM will be pushed to Dynamics CRM immediately after saving the change.
|Note||This feature should only be used when you want to synchronize Dynamics CRM organization with a newly created Resco CRM organization. It is not needed for Woodford itself.|
There are a number of possible reasons why connect Resco CRM and Dynamics, such as:
- Using it for your sales or technician forces, with Mobile CRM app instead of having them to connect to Dynamics CRM server.
- Migration from Dynamics to Resco CRM.
Creating a connection
- Select Resco CRM sync from the Administration menu of Woodford.
- Click Connect to open the Integration Setup screen.
- In the Resco CRM Login section, the application suggests the Organization Name and User Name (email) based on the Dynamics CRM organization name and the user used in Woodford. You can modify these values as needed. Enter a password for accessing the Resco CRM organization with the User Name (email). In the Organization Name field, please enter a name that will be used as an Organization name in the Resco CRM for the newly created organization. Do not use an existing Resco CRM organization URL.
- Parameters in Dynamics CRM Login section are set automatically according to the Woodford user.
- Click Create. A new organization is created on Resco CRM, including entities and entity fields based on the organization on Dynamics CRM.
After connecting, the Resco Organization Name is replaced by URL. You can use this URL to connect to the Resco CRM organization using browser or Woodford directly.
You can click Disconnect if you want to request deletion of the Resco CRM organization.
Once connected, you can select which entities are used for data synchronization. In other words, you need to define what data and the corresponding entities should be synchronized between the Dynamics CRM organization and the Resco CRM organization.
- Update Server
- Synchronizes metadata changes. For example, when you add a new entity or field in your Dynamics CRM organization, use it for updating your Resco CRM organization.
- Sync All
- Synchronizes all data of the selected entities between the Resco CRM organization and Dynamics CRM organization.
- Sync Entity
- Synchronizes data for the selected entity.
- Saves changes in the list of entities and in the synchronization filters.
- Sync Filter
- Specifies a filter for the data per entity; what records to sync from the Dynamics CRM organization to the Resco CRM organization, so that you only transfer the relevant data.