Resco Inspections is a solution that allows you to shape every step of your inspection process:
- Create custom questionnaires, dynamic forms, surveys and more.
- Make inspections more effective for your field staff and analyze collected data afterwards – all with one solution.
Resco Inspections consists of five major components (modules):
- Questionnaire Designer (formerly called Inspections Designer or builder) - powerful tool for creating questionnaires
- Schedule Board or Scheduler - tool for planning assignments
- Inspector - a dedicated mobile application
- Automatic Dashboard or Analyst - tool for visualizing and evaluating questionnaire results
- Results Viewer - tool for viewing completed questionnaires
Customization and setup is done via additional tools:
Resco Inspections performs excellently with our proprietary CRM solution, Resco CRM server, but it can also be natively integrated with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Salesforce. Additionally, we provide an API for integration with third party systems.
Connecting to Inspections
To access the components and tools of Resco Inspections, use a web browser to connect to your organization.
- Navigate to
- Log in to your organization using the e-mail and password you used for registering the organization.
- Click Log in.
Permissions for Inspections entities (Question, Question Groups, Questionnaire) need to be set based on what action will the user perform on questionnaires.
For Questions and Question groups, users – administrators – managers, who create and fill out questionnaires, should have a Read and Create permission (enable the Update permission only if it admins will need to modify questionnaires later).
- (a person who is filling out the questionnaires)
- Read permission – required for owned records and records owned by the manager that creates the questions (e.g. Business unit level).
- Create permission – is needed so the user can answer questionnaire templates and save the completed questionnaires.
- Update, Delete permissions – users may not have these permissions unless they’re creating questionnaires themselves.
- (a person who us creating and filling out questionnaires, and gathering info)
- Read permission – necessary for owned questionnaires.
- Create, Update, Delete permissions – required at least for owned questionnaires. Delete permission is upon consideration.
|Note||If you want to enable viewing and updating all questionnaires available on the server for all managers, these permissions need to be set rather for a business unit.|
It is also possible to manage permissions by assigning ownership of Questionnaires to teams in the CRM backend.
Configuring in Woodford
To configure inspections in Woodford, you need Woodford 10.2 or later.
- Edit an app project.
- Select Inspections in the Project menu.
- Check Enable Inspections and click Save.
- You can integrate Inspections with your project in a few clicks:
- To add Inspections to your Home screen, click Add to Home.
- To add Inspections to a Form, click Add to Form.
- To install a pre-configured automatic report, click Install Report.
The one-click integration into app projects wasn't originally included. The bindings had to be created manually. If you want to create your integration from scratch, if you are looking for inspiration how to customize the display within the app, see Adding questionnaires to app projects.
To see it in the application, use the Resco Mobile CRM app, version 10.2.1 or higher.
After opening Questionnaires in the application, a list of questionnaires (including templates and completed questionnaires) is visible. To show a more clear-cut summary, see how to create separate views for templates and for completed questionnaires.
Once the questionnaire is filled and saved, copy of the initial template is created with all the answers and stored as a separate questionnaire. Users don’t make changes on the original questionnaire, since it is used as a template for future inquiries.
It is not possible to have two questionnaires opened at once – the user can work with one questionnaire at a time. To fill out another questionnaire, the user must save and close the questionnaire or discard changes and close it.