|Warning||Work in progress! We are in the process in updating the information on this page. Subject to change.|
In some scenarios, however, it is preferable to perform automation directly on the server. Dynamics and Salesforce servers come with their own business logic solutions. In this article, we will discuss server-side business logic options in Resco Cloud. Processes are managed using the Admin Console.
What are some of the traditional tasks for server-side logic:
- Notifications: for example, notify a set of users when a record is created
When creating a new process, select one of the following types or categories:
- Workflow: When a workflow is triggered, the procedure is added to the queue of processes and performed asynchronously sometime later.
- Real-time: A real-time workflow is performed immediately.
- Job: Jobs are not triggered, instead, you can schedule them, e.g., every night at 2 AM.
What can start a process
Workflows and real-time workflows are always related to a particular entity. They can be triggered:
- When a record is created
- When a record field changes (you can select which fields trigger the action)
- When a record is deleted
Jobs are not related to an entity. Instead, you can directly configure when to start the process:
- Periodically: for example, every 45 minutes
- Daily, Monthly, or Yearly
- On-demand: You must start the job manually using the Run Now button.
What can a process do
The series of commands that a process performs is written using a user interface similar to the rules editor:
- Define variables, querying data from the database
- Add conditions that branch the workflow
- Add functions that create, update, or delete records and fields, or perform other actions:
- StopWorkflow: Stop workflow execution, marking the run as either a success or a failure
- Execute plugin or process