|User interface components|
|Warning||Work in progress! We are in the process of updating the information on this page. Subject to change.|
Tree view is one of the building blocks of Resco mobile apps. This special view displays records from multiple entities organized in a tree-like fashion. For example, a list of accounts combined with their contacts.
Define a tree
- Edit an app project and select Components > Tree from the Project menu.
- Click New and enter a name for your tree, then click OK.
- Select the parent Entity, such as Account, and choose which View should be used to display its records.
- Add another level to your tree. Do one of the following:
- If you want to add a child entity, select a child relationship in the Child (Lazy) Level field.
- If you want to add a parent entity, select a parent relationship in the Parent Level field.
- If you want to add the same entity as parent or child, select also the relationship in the Recursive Field field.
- In our example, we used added a child entity, Contact.
- Select the newly added entity and choose the appropriate view for it.
- Add more entities as needed, then click Save & Close.
Add tree to home
- Edit the home screen of your app project.
- Find your tree view on the Available Items pane in the Components section and add it to your home screen.
- Save changes and publish the app project.
Tree view in the app
Synchronize your app to see the new tree view.