We are preparing a new source of documentation for you. Work in progress!
A synchronization conflict comes into play when a user modifies a record in the Resco Mobile CRM application, but before he synchronizes the change, this record is also altered on the CRM server. In other words – the same record gets updated both in the mobile client and on the server, but neither of these modifications has been yet synchronized between them.
And thus the conflict occurs: Which modification should be applied to the record, both in the app and on the server, after the next synchronization takes place?
Conflicts are identified during synchronization. One of the early phases of synchronization is uploading client changes to the server, and in this step, the client searches for conflicts (using the modifiedon attribute of records).
Configuring conflict resolution
Woodford administrator can configure the conflict resolution strategy for each entity, in the On Conflict parameter. For automatic handling, you can decide which side (client or server) wins, or you can even resolve conflicts manually. See App_projects#Managing_fields from more details.
You have two options for manual conflict resolution:
- App users can resolve conflicts directly in the app.
- Administrators can resolve conflicts remotely using the Sync Dashboard. Go to Woodford Configuration to enable Remote Conflict Resolution.
Resolving conflicts on the client
In case of conflicts, a new item appears as the first item of your Home screen: Sync Errors.
Tap More if you want to show the detail of the affected entity record. The client version is displayed.
Tap Resolve and select how to resolve the conflict:
- Clear Error & Retry – Delete the error log, assuming that you have changed the data in Resco Mobile CRM to fix a validation error. The record with new values will be synchronized at the next synchronization.
- Clear Error & Ignore – Delete the error log, assuming that you have changed the data on the CRM server and next synchronization will download the fix to Resco Mobile CRM application.
- Help – About sync errors – Takes you to https://www.resco.net/sync-errors/
- Take Server Version – Save server version of the record also to the local database and delete the error log.
- Email – Send one or all errors to your administrator for consideration.
- Merge – Merge conflicting records manually, specifying the fields to take from device or CRM server version.
- Cancel – Allows you to resolve the conflict later.
Resolving conflicts on the server
See Conflict resolution in Sync Dashboard for more details.