We are preparing a new source of documentation for you. Work in progress!
Fiddler is a free web debugging proxy server application. You can use it to trace the communication between the mobile CRM app and the CRM server. If you send us the communication along with the description of the problem, this can greatly speed up the troubleshooting. You just need a Windows version of Resco Mobile CRM application and Fiddler. This guide describes a simple procedure for reporting such issues with the mentioned app.
|Note||Using Fiddler may decrease performance. Do not use Fiddler once you're done troubleshooting.|
Install and configure Fiddler
- Download and install a Windows version of Resco Mobile CRM. You can use the store version or the desktop version.
- Get Fiddler from the official website and install it.
- Launch Fiddler.
- Select Tools > Options, go to the HTTPS tab and enable Decrypt HTTPS traffic.
Windows Store only
|If you are using Windows Store version of Resco Mobile CRM, perform the following additional configuration in Fiddler.|
Tips for tracing
If the issue is related to any time issue, like timeout, or when it takes too long to perform the action, enable filters. Go to the Filters tab and check Use Filters.
- If you want to filter by process (recommended), check Show only traffic from and select
- Optionally, enable the option Time HeatMap. When enabled, sessions are highlighted with background color, based on how long it took for the server to respond. Fastest responses are green, average are not highlighted, slow are yellow or red.
Try to reproduce the problem. You may need to start the traffic capture manually: Select Capture Traffic from the File menu. Do so before reproducing the issue to make sure all needed data is captured. If you are successful, save the session info and send it to us for review: select Save from the File menu.