Reports are read-only visual representations of entity data. Users of the mobile app can use the templates to create reports on the go, using data from CRM. Reports are generated directly in Resco mobile apps, even in offline mode, so there is no need for any connection to the internet or CRM server. This allows you to create e.g. an invoice or a service report at the customer and save it to a CRM record as an attachment. Or instantly email it to your customers and partners. Or use a wireless printer to directly print it.
Things are slightly different when using the web app. In this case, the report is generated on the server.
Documents can be generated in Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx), PDF, or HTML formats. It is also possible to use one or more records as a source for the report.
|Note||For reports with right-to-left scripts, use Word or HTML format. PDF reports don't support RTL.|
Mobile reports support many popular building blocks, such as
- Header and footer sections that repeat on all pages of the document
- Repeating blocks for recurring items (such as invoiced products)
- Any field from your entities
- Images, both static (for example your company logo) and dynamic (for example a signature)
- Dynamic reports involving business logic, for example, calculations, show or hide sections under specific conditions, etc.
See also the followings blogs:
- Quick overview: Mobile reports in Resco Mobile CRM
- Anatomy of a Mobile Report
- Tailoring the mobile report: How to use custom and barcode fonts
Creating report templates
Before you can run a report in the app, you have to create a document template that defines what kind of information should be included in the report and how should it be positioned on a page (exception: basic questionnaire reports are available out-of-the-box). Resco offers two ways of designing report templates:
- Report Designer is a dedicated universal tool for all sorts of templates.
- Questionnaire Designer offers a streamlined way to build a report along with building a questionnaire. See Mobile reports for Resco Inspections.
Running the reports
You can run the reports in Resco mobile apps, in various components:
- On a form, a report can be configured via Form commands. Users can access the report using the hamburger menu in the top right corner of the form.
- On a view, a report can be configured using the Multi Select function. Users can select multiple records and then select the action from the bottom right corner.
- On a view, a report can be configured using row buttons. Depending on their device, users can access the button when they select a record in the list or when they swipe from the right.
- On a questionnaire, a report can be configured using commands or buttons. Users can launch the report for completed questionnaires. It is also possible to configure an automatic generation of reports on completion or allow users to manually run a preliminary report for an in-progress questionnaire.
You can also configure the behavior of the Run Report command in the app.
Resco Reports connector for Power Automate allows you to create a flow that can be executed from any Dataverse-based system (such as Dynamics 365 Field Service). The connector generates a Resco report without the mobile app.
Resco Cloud web app users can also generate reports with the mobile app. In this scenario, the reports are generated on the Resco Cloud server.