Resco Cloud is one of components of resco.ServicePlatform. It is a place where you can create your organization. Resco Cloud provides you with data storage with a customizable data scheme. It can be cloud-based or installed on premises. You can connect Resco Cloud to other CRM or non-CRM backend servers, or use it independently.
You can use Resco Cloud web tools (that come with the server) to view the data stored on the server. An important part of the server is also a configuration and administration console. This admin tool allows you to manage all the devices and users related to your organization created on the server, and the configuration tool allows you to configure the data scheme, layout, and business logic of the backend system.
Who should use Resco Cloud
Resco Cloud is a solution for businesses of all kinds with a mobile workforce. It offers the greatest perks for salesmen, service technicians on the go, real estate agents, financial advisors, controllers, and other mobile workers.
Common use case scenarios
- Sales reps — to optimize their performance and increase efficiency by drastically reducing administrative tasks.
- Service technicians — to cut down their time and costs spent on traveling by optimizing their route and eliminating paperwork.
- Back office — to coordinate, track & monitor corporate field workers by real-time data information.
- Corporate allies — to connect with customers, partners, volunteers, fans, and the general public by creating consumer apps.
- Elimination of switching between multiple tools
- Email, CRM, route planner, calendar, auditing, SDM, and others are all in one place, in one cloud.
- Resco Cloud offers great functionality for a very reasonable price, mobility is included within the price.
- Offline functionality
- The solution works with full functionality, no matter the Internet connection.
- Increased user adoption
- Employees who get mobile access to data are likely to adopt faster and use it more because of its simple and intuitive interface.
- Secure, safe & protected data
- Security Device Management incorporated within Resco Cloud secures data, users & their processes.
- Mobile Audit
- Analyze whether or not the solutions are being utilized, how often, by whom, how exactly, and where.
Creating a new organization
- Using a web browser navigate to the registration site and on the registration form fill in some details about you and your organization.
- Enter a unique name for your organization.
- Enter your email address and a strong password. The combination of the organization name, email, and password are used for logging in to your organization
- Enter a few additional details about yourself and your company.
- Select one of the predefined scenarios: Sales, Field Service, City Smart Services, Inspections, Routes, Consumer Apps.
- Select Sample data if you want your new organization to include some pre-generated content, for example users, accounts, activities, appointments, contacts, and other entities depending on your selected scenario.
- If you want to integrate your organization with email service, you can select Gmail or Exchange.
- If you have previously exported some organization using the admin console, you can import it.
- Confirm email.
- Create organization.
- Using a web browser, navigate to the login site.
- Enter the name of your organization, the email address you used for registering, and your password.
- Click Log in to access the Resco Cloud landing page.
Resco Cloud landing page
The landing page is displayed when you log in to your organization on Resco Cloud. Use the shortcuts in the left menu or the tiles to access additional functions:
- Resco App: Launch Resco Mobile CRM web app in your browser
- Selected components of resco.Inspections
- Questionnaire Designer: create surveys and checklists for inspectors in the field
- Results Viewer: search, browse, and display collected answers
- Schedule Board: assign tasks to your staff in the field
- Knowledge tools
- Guides: design and manage manuals available in the app
- Selected components of Resco Routes
- Location Monitor: track the position and progress of your team members in the field
- select metadata, app projects, questionnaires, and reports; package them, and deploy them to a different organization
- Additional tools
- Woodford: design app projects, customized versions of the mobile application dedicated to a particular set of users
- Admin Console: configure and manage your Resco Cloud server
- Report Designer: design document templates that can be used to generate reports in the app
- Sync Dashboard: monitor when and how do app users synchronize their apps, resolve synchronization conflicts remotely
Common user administration tasks
YouTube We have prepared a few short videos that explain how to perform basic user administration tasks using the Admin Console.
Data center storage
Resco Cloud uses secure and reliable data center services to store your organization data:
- Azure (servers located in the European Union: Netherlands)
- Azure (servers located in the United States: Iowa)
|Note||The European servers are migrating from Amazon to Azure.|
Integration with other servers
Resco Cloud can serve as a standalone backend server, but you can also integrate it with other systems.
Resco CRM Connector consists of a set of REST web service methods and serves as a universal way of connecting.
Resco CRM sync is an example of tighter integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. You create a connection between an organization on Resco Cloud and an organization on Dynamics. Metadata can flow from Dynamics to Resco Cloud, and data can be exchanged in both directions.
Connected environments is another integration option that allows you to clone and connect multiple Resco Cloud organizations. In this case, the focus is less on continuous synchronization but instead on having production and test environments with the option of pushing data or metadata changes to the other organization.
See Integration for more options.
- Resco CRM Connector – integration between Resco Cloud and other backend systems
- Resco Cloud on premises
- Connect Resco Cloud to Azure AD
- Connect Resco Cloud to custom ADFS
- Resco Cloud quick guide for Field Service technicians
- Resco Cloud error codes
- Plug-in assemblies