Resco Reports connector
|Integration with third-party systems|
Resco CRM Connector (web APIs):
|Warning||This page describes a function that has not yet been publicly released, or has been released in beta / preview quality. Subject to change.|
Resco Reports on Dynamics 365/Dataverse is currently in preview (release 16.0).
Resco Reports connector is a tool that allows you to generate reports directly from Dataverse/Dynamics backend using Power Automate flow. It is compatible with Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Power Apps, and Azure Logic Apps.
- The setup is done only by the admin
- Report Template created in the organization
- Power Automate license for an admin
- Resco license
- Dataverse Admin License
In this example, we create a flow for a single account report.
- Go to the form of the record you want to build a flow for. Click on the hamburger menu.
- Go to the Flow and select Create a flow.
- Click Continue.
- Click Next Step, search for Resco Reports, and select it.
- Select Generate a single row report.
- Select the correct Report id or Name, Source entity id (in this case, Account), and your preferred format.
Report setup examples:
In previous section, we created a flow to generate the Resco Report via Power Automate. The next step is to set up what will happen with this report. There are multiple options for report setup. Here are some examples:
Send an email action/step:
- Choose "Add a new row" as the next step:
- For a Table name select "Notes" and for Is Document select "Yes". The title can be defined as follows:
- Click on "Show advanced options" and start filling Document (follow the gif bellow).
- Select Expression and type in "base64()".
- Click on Dynamic content and set your cursor in between brackets of "base64(|)". Click on "Report content" for the options listed below and click "OK".
- For Mime type enter "application/pdf".
- For Regarding (table you create the report on), in this case account, add:
Run the report
After completing all previous steps, the Report flow will be available on the form.
Known issues and limitations
The report is generated in the context of a certain table (say Accounts), and only a subset of report templates are relevant (those targeting the Accounts table). Despite that, the connector offers all available report templates when choosing the Report id or Name argument.
Static images (such as logos), fonts, or other documents stored in the offline HTML section of Woodford project are not available while generating the report on Dynamics. Therefore, these features are not supported. In the case of company logos, consider saving the logo in Dynamics, for example, as a note of a related entity.
Common errors and remedies
The error is mainly caused by wrong arguments passed to the connector action. In such a case, the connector returns HTTP error 400 (Bad request), and the response body contains JSON data with an error message and additional data. The error message should explain which parameter had an unexpected format or value.
In case of unexpected errors, the connector returns HTTP error 500 (Internal server error), and the response body contains JSON data with an error message and additional data. Please report such cases to the support service.
- How can I run a specific report from the entity form?
- Define a new flow in Power Automate, specify trigger When a row is selected (Dataverse), add the Resco Reports step, choose Generate a single row report, specify your Dataverse environment, choose your report name from the list as reportId argument, choose the report file format and use Dynamic content to choose your entity primary key field as sourceId argument. Finally, specify an action consuming resulting Report content and File name variables appearing in Dynamic content for any step following the Resco Reports action.
- How can I generate a report for a set of records selected in the list?
- What happens to my data?
- The Microsoft Azure server used to create reports is based in EU. Data (encrypted via OAuth token) are sent to the server, the report is created, and the data are deleted. Thus, data are not stored anywhere. They are deleted immediately after the processing.
- Save time and effort: Create PDF report for multiple rows in Dynamics 365 with Resco Reports connector