|Warning||Work in progress! We are in the process of updating the information on this page. Subject to change.|
resco.FieldService is a field service management software solution based on the flexible Resco platform and with data stored in Resco Cloud. It enables field service organizations – and companies looking for solutions covering proper maintenance of their assets – to plan and effectively execute the work in the field. All these capabilities lead to better visibility of the company's operations, the effectiveness of work, reduction of maintenance costs, and reduction of manual paperwork.
You can experience resco.FieldService for free - just sign up for a free trial. The trial covers all the functionalities and is valid for 1 month.
resco.FieldService functions for the field worker include:
- Mobile application: a powerful offline-first mobile application that guides technicians through service work.
- Route planning tool that allows users to create or optimize a daily route.
- Time tracking to help you track how resources are spending their time, whether they are traveling, on break, or working.
resco.FieldService functions for the back-office workers include:
- Work orders: Define work to be done at customer locations.
- Schedule Board: Manage resources for customer service. Optimize service schedules with resource territories and skills matching.
- Questionnaire Designer: Design digital forms for data collection for field personnel.
- Preventive maintenance: Automatically generate recurring maintenance appointments for assets.
- Corrective management: Effectively manage incidents at customer locations.
- Billing capabilities to generate data for invoicing based on products and services delivered to customers.
- Web application accessible through a web browser.
resco.FieldService accommodates the following key roles on your service team:
- Service managers – track performance metrics and oversee service delivery, finding ways to increase efficiency and standardize processes. Service managers primarily use the application through a web browser. They represent the highest role in the company hierarchy with access to all company data.
- Dispatchers – review and schedule work orders and assign them to resources on the schedule board through resource availability searches. Dispatchers primarily use the application through a web browser.
- Field technicians – manage their assigned work orders using the mobile app on a phone or tablet and perform maintenance and repairs onsite at customer locations. They also produce timely and detailed service reports.
- External customers – using external client portal for submitting incidents that occur at customer location. The External customers use the client portal through a web browser.
You can fine-tune the permissions for each of the roles, plus you can define additional roles using the Admin Console.
Default app projects
Each role can have its own version of the app, with functions tailored to its needs. By default, there are four app projects configured in the demo environment and associated with security roles.
- Manager (web app) – designed for Manager user role with full access.
- Dispatcher (web app) – designed for Dispatcher user role with some limited permissions.
- Field Service Technician (mobile app) – this project is designed for field personnel and for offline usage.
- Portal (web app) – project primary designer for external users with limited access and a more strict security policy setting.
These projects can be adjusted to your needs using Woodford (browser-based editor of app projects). You can also create additional projects.
In resco.FieldService, a work order is a task or a job for a customer (account). The dispatcher assigns the work order to a resource (field technician), thus creating a work order schedule. This is the standard life cycle of a work order in resco.FieldService:
- Work order: A work order is created from incidents, maintenance jobs, or other sources.
- Schedule: The work order is scheduled for the field technician.
- Dispatch: The work order is dispatched.
- Service: The work order performed by the field technician and tasks/ details are added and completed.
- Close Work Order: The work order is reviewed by the manager and completed.
- Invoice: An invoice is created for the corresponding account.
Work order schedule
Work order is a definition of work to be done for who. When and by whom is defined by a work order schedule. These are the different statuses that work orders and work order schedules can take:
|Work order status||Draft||Ready||Scheduled||In Progress||Completed||Closed||Canceled|
|Work order schedule status||N/A||N/A
New (created manually)
Different work orders may require different skill set. Various technicians have different areas of expertise. Our scheduling tool helps the dispatcher to find the right field technician for the work order.
You can define territories for work orders and resources (field personnel). Just like skills, territories can help the dispatcher to find the right person for the job.
Track time-offs and holidays to know which resources are available.
Customers (accounts) represent individuals or companies that require field service attention.
Customer assets let you keep track of equipment that you're responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing.
Job templates defined standard work definitions to be performed for a job. These allow you to quickly create work orders for the most common types of jobs. They provide details like service tasks to be performed, product and services estimates, and the required skills. Job templates are used with Incidents and Agreements alike.
Schedule Board is a web-based tool that serves the dispatcher for managing the people working in the field using a drag-and-drop interface.
Field technicians can wrap up their visit by generating a report directly in their mobile device. Reports can be generated offline and signed by technicians and customers.
This function available in the mobile app helps staff in the field to manage their work and travel. With a calendar view of all their assignments, a route planner helps them to optimize their routes.