Eager to learn more about Resco technology?and help us create better content for you.
Connecting to CRM
Make sure that the time, date, and time zone are set correctly on your mobile device. When misconfigured, this can cause issues when trying to synchronize the application with your backend system.
Connect as internal user
On the Welcome screen, tap Internal User.
Enter your login credentials
To synchronize the app with your CRM server, enter the URL of your server, your user name, and password.
Select user type
There are multiple options for the User Type — select the one that describes you:
- Standard user: Everyone who is an employee and has CRM login credentials is a standard user. This applies to all types of professions: sales representatives, service technicians, marketing specialists, managers, etc.
- OAuth2: Use this option if you are a Salesforce user, or if your company uses two- (or multi-) factor authentication, where an additional form of verification is needed besides the user password (text message, email, use of authenticator app).
- Current Windows user: Only available on some Windows devices, this option allows you to log in to the mobile app using your current operating system credentials.
If you are an external user who connects to a company’s application, for example as a customer or supplier, see section External users below.
Please review these additional instructions that depend on your backend system.
|Resco Mobile CRM can connect directly to all Microsoft Dynamics CRM server deployments (Online & On-premise) and all versions (4.0, 2011, 2013, 2015 & 2016). There are minor login differences for each.|
|Microsoft Dynamics Online (or Office 365)
See also this blog if your organization uses multi-factor authentication.
Microsoft Dynamics On-premise
|In either case, tap Synchronize to proceed.|
|To be able to connect to Microsoft Dynamics with the Resco mobile app, your CRM administrator needs to expose Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Services and Authentication Services. Otherwise, you’ll be only able to synchronize the application only while you are connected to your internal network.
|To connect the application to the Resco Cloud (Resco CRM server), enter the following login information:
To connect the application to Salesforce server, enter the following login information:
The application will now start synchronizing data from your Salesforce organization with your device. Once complete, you will be able to see and work with your Salesforce data, whether you are offline or online.
If you want that the app saves your password for future use, set this option on. You won't be prompted to insert it again next time you synchronize the app.
If the backend supports it, you may be able to connect as an external user. Use one of the following user modes:
- Registered external user: People who work with the company and need to access a personalized set of data — partners, agents, external distributors, vendors, suppliers, or clients — will use the External/Portal user mode.
- Anonymous external user: If you want to access the consumer application — you are either a customer, event participant, fan, visitor, or city resident (and were given only the URL and no Username or Password) — use the Anonymous External User option.
|Tip||Any company can create its own mobile application, branded with the company name, icon and color scheme, and have it published to the application stores. This app does not need to entail the synchronization window — people will directly access the content of the app, without needing to log in or type in the URL. This is especially useful for consumer apps scenario.|
Keep the app active!
When you start the synchronization, keep the app running in the foreground on your device; do not start or switch to a different app! The exact behavior for various operating systems (OS) varies, but your OS may interrupt synchronization or even shut down the app unexpectedly.
- On iOS, especially since iOS 13, apps are paused when switched to different app or tapping home after about 10 seconds (was about 15 minutes on iOS prior 13), and sync is interrupted.
- Android (so far) keeps the app running (sync as well), when put to background, if there are available resources. However, it can become more restrictive in the near future.
- When you minimize the Microsoft Store app, it is immediately paused by system. So during sync, the app is paused and sync is interrupted. When app is not minimized, just out of focus, sync continues.
Sidenote: The feature background synchronization serves a different purpose and it cannot suppress OS behavior. Instead, it allows you to continue working with the app while sync is running.
If you still can't connect Resco Mobile CRM to your system, contact our support at email@example.com
The application keeps a log of all unexpected errors. You can read and send the log file to us — go to the About section in the Resco Mobile CRM application and tap the Send Log button in the upper right corner.
This opens the log file in an email application, already pre-filled with the support email address. Send the email and wait for our response.