|User interface components|
Chart views are an optional component of mobile apps. The main purpose of a chart is to display a list of records of a particular entity on a graph. Records can be grouped by a field and you can display per-group aggregate values, such as count, count of distinct values, sum, minimum, maximum, or average value.
Charts are defined for each entity. A single entity can have multiple charts. If an entity has at least one chart, app users can switch to charts from a view.
There are two options where to define charts:
- Woodford administrators can create and manage charts available for all users in an app project.
- App users can create and manage their private charts.
Managing charts in Woodford
Charts are associated with an entity. To see a list of charts for an entity, edit an app project, select the entity and click Show UI.
On the Mobile Views, Forms and Charts screen, you can add, clone, or remove charts, edit them and change their properties, as well as export them (to a file in XML format) or import them (for example, to a different app project).
Creating a chart in Woodford
- Select the entity in the Project menu and click Show UI.
- Click New Chart and name it, then click OK.
- Select a chart type on the toolbar, for example Donut.
- Specify which fields should be displayed on the charts on the Properties pane.
- Optionally, if you want to limit the displayed values, click Edit Filter and create a filtering rule.
- Click Save & Close to finish the chart.
An example of a multi-series chart setup can be found in our Blog Post.
Adding charts to your app in Woodford
Charts can be added to your app in two ways.
- When an entity with at least one chart is available on the Home screen, users can switch their view to a chart view. You can even make chart view the default initial view: Double-click the entity on the Home screen to display its properties, switch to the Charts tab and check Initial View.
- Charts are one of the possible components on a dashboard. See Dashboard for more information.
Designing charts in the app
- Tap Setup on the home screen.
- Scroll down to Appearance section and tap Private Charts to display a list of your private charts.
- To create a new chart, tap the + button and select an entity.
- Enter a name.
- Select the chart type and enter additional properties.
- Tap Save.
Your new chart is now available as an alternate rendering of the entity. Select the entity from home screen, then use the buttons in the top right corner to toggle between list, map, and charts view.