We are preparing a new source of documentation for you. Work in progress!
|User interface components|
Entity hub is one of the components of Resco mobile apps. The main purpose of a hub is to combine records that have something in common. These can be for example records that represent user’s customers (like Accounts, Contacts and Leads) or are a part of the sales process (Leads, Quotes, Opportunities, Orders, Invoices), etc.
In hubs, you can display not only the records themselves, but also associated records that help users access more information from one place.
|Note||Deciding how to combine entities into hubs is up to you, it all depends on how you use your CRM and what makes sense in your case. The only restriction is: the entities merged into one hub need to have a common type of field that will affect the sorting of the view (e.g. for accounts, contacts and leads the common field can be the name. For activities, it can be the scheduled end date, etc.).|
For example, you can combine accounts and contacts into one hub. For accounts, you can show associated activities, opportunities and contacts. Users will see the latest communication with the account, its opportunities, and contacts directly, without the need to go to account's form and search for the needed information. On the other hand, for the contacts you can decide to only show the parent account and related activities.
When you create a Hub (or edit a default one), you need to specify the structure of the entities and its views according to the data that will be displayed in the hub.
Creating an entity hub
- Edit an app project.
- Select Entity Hubs from the Project menu.
- Click New, name the hub and click OK.
- Click Add Group. – You can have one or more groups in a Hub. The purpose of the group is to have entities of a similar type together. It allows users to filter the Group sections in Hub’s view more easily.
- Click Add Merged – Here you can specify a section that combines the views and displays resulting records. Only records from one merged section can be displayed at once.
- Click Add View and specify the entity, view, and sort order – Add the views to be included in the selected merged section.
- Click Save & Close.
Drill down serves for specifying the associated or parent views that are displayed when users expand the record in the view (just like in the example of Accounts and Contacts described above).
For example, we add a list of related opportunities to an account. If user sets a view that has a filter, this filter will be applied and only opportunities that fit the view filter will be shown (e.g., show only opportunities where the estimated revenue exceeds $10,000).