|User interface components|
Tree view is one of the building blocks of Resco mobile apps. This special view displays records from multiple entities organized in a tree-like fashion. For example, a list of accounts combined with their contacts.
Define a tree
- Edit an app project and select Components > Tree from the Project menu.
- Click New and enter a name for your tree, then click OK.
- Select the parent Entity, such as Account, and choose which View should be used to display its records.
- Add another level to your tree. Do one of the following:
- If you want to add a child entity, select a child relationship in the Child Level field.
- If you want to add a parent entity, select a parent relationship in the Parent Level field.
- If you want to add the same entity as parent or child, select the relationship in the Recursive Field field.
- In our example, we added a child entity, Contact.
- Select the newly added entity and choose the appropriate view for it.
- Add more entities as needed, then click Save & Close.
Add tree to home
You can define as many trees as you need, but before you can use them in the mobile app, you have to add them as an item to the home screen.
- Edit the home screen of your app project.
- Find your tree view on the Available Items pane in the Components section and add it to your home screen.
- Save changes and publish the app project.
Tree view in the app
Synchronize your app to see the new tree view.