|User interface components|
Dashboards are components of mobile apps. Dashboard views provide access to the most necessary information from various entities in one place. You can add charts, views, and inline frames there. You can also create multiple dashboards and place them separately to the Home screen.
There are two options where to define dashboards:
- Woodford administrators can create and manage dashboards available for all users in an app project.
- App users can create and manage their private dashboards.
Creating a dashboard in Woodford
- Edit an app project.
- Select Dashboard from the Project menu.
- Click New, name the dashboard, and click OK.
- Define how many cells you want on your dashboard. Specify columns and rows.
- Select a cell and add content to it.
- Add View: In case of views, you need to specify the entity and view(s) that will be available for users. If you select more than one view, users will be able to switch between them. A view that's set as an initial one (not required) will be selected, until you change it. It will be selected again after restart of the Mobile CRM app. You can also define whether you want to enable Search on the Dashboard view, and whether to allow users to add records to the entity in Dashboard view.
- Add Chart: In case of Charts, you need to specify the entity and chart. You can leave it on automatic and the first chart in alphabetical order will be used, or you can specify the chart manually.
- Add IFrame: In case of inline frames, you just need to enter the URL.
- Optionally, use Column Span or Row Span parameters on the Properties pane to merge cells in the dashboard into larger blocks.
- Click Save & Close.
An example on how to adjust the Dashboard can be found in our Blog Post.
Managing dashboards in the app
- Tap Setup on the home screen.
- Scroll down to Appearance section and tap Design Dashboards to display a list of your private dashboards.
- To create a new dashboard, tap the + button and enter a name for the dashboard.
- To rename or delete a dashboard, select the appropriate action from the hamburger menu.
- To add or modify content on a private dashboard:
- Tap the dashboard name to open the private dashboard editor.
- Tap + to add entities that should be displayed on your dashboard. You further specify how should they be displayed (list, map, or chart) and additional details.
- Tap Save to save changes.
Your new dashboard is now available from the home screen under My Dashboards.