The Summer 2021 update (v14.1.0) was released on June 25, 2021.
- Summer Update 2021 preview
- Resco Summer Update 2021: The coolest new additions from the hottest release of the year
- Summer Update 2021
Resco Houston is a brand-new standalone product for frontline workers that provides a knowledge library and augmented-reality remote assistance calls. See the official product page for more information.
Information about Houston remote assistance, an optional component of Resco platform, can now be found under Houston video calls.
Questionnaire commands already grant users control over questionnaires but they are a bit out of reach, in the top right corner, perhaps hidden in the hamburger menu. Buttons serve a very similar purpose, but they are parts of the questionnaire, directly in the flow of questions or instructions.
In Questionnaire Designer, you can find buttons as a new type of static component. Simply add a button to your questionnaire, select one of the predefined actions, and you're done.
Optionally, you can modify the look of your button using styles, or define custom action for your button using rules. See buttons for more information.
New questionnaire wizard
We have updated the way how new questionnaires are created in the designer. A new wizard guides users through the most important configuration settings. We recommend carefully studying the implications, particularly if you are looking at a larger-scale production deployment. Your choices can make a big impact on the performance.
Result Viewer improvements
You can now configure which columns do you want to see in the list of questionnaires (available with Resco Cloud and Dynamics backends). You can also include fields from related entities.
Your options for exporting answers from the tool have been greatly improved:
- In addition to the CSV format, you can now use XLSX.
- It is now possible to export images.
Support for Hindi language
Tree view is a new user interface option for Resco mobile apps, displaying records from multiple entities in a tree-like structure.
Badges on home screen
Badges are tiny numbers displayed over the home screen items that represent the number of records in the view that match a certain condition. This feature is primarily aimed for field service agents who want to be instantly notified on newly submitted incidents (working with the web app, or a mobile app in online mode), but it can be used in many other scenarios.
See badges for more information.
Automatic refresh of views
The records listed in a view can now reload automatically every x seconds. This function is only available in the online mode and in the web app. It configured on the home screen in Woodford:
- Edit the properties of an entity view and go to the Properties tab.
- Enable Auto Refresh and set up the refresh interval (in seconds).
- Save all changes and publish the app.
New style options for forms and questionnaires
Each cell on a form has two main parts: the label and the editable field where you enter the value. To make the editable field more prominent, you can now use the Style editor to configure borders around it: experiment with Editor border width and Editor border color. Along with Editor corner radius, you can make the important form fields really stand out if you need to. These parameters are available on forms and questionnaires.
Schedule Board improvements
In our continuous effort to make the work of dispatchers/schedule managers easier, we have introduced the following new features:
- Auto Refresh: If you want your schedule board to reload data periodically from the server, you can enable this option on the Properties tab of the schedule board properties in Woodford. Automatic reload works if you are using the schedule board in a web browser, but also in the mobile app, as long as it is in online mode.
- Calculate travel when dropped: When you schedule a new activity or reschedule an existing one, the schedule board will calculate the travel time to the previous and next activity and inform you if there's not enough time. This feature can be enabled in the schedule board options under Drag & drop scheduling.
Route planner received an update, both cosmetic and structural.
- The visuals of the Route Plan/My Route section of the app has received a much-needed polish, making the function easier and more pleasant to use. See Using route plan in the mobile app.
- The internals of the smart planning function (now renamed to Routes AI) have changed: a different provider is used to calculate the distance matrix needed for the route optimization. This involves an unlimited number of route optimizations for a fixed price (including support for opening hours and fixed appointments). Contact your Business Development Manager or send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
New integration option for Resco Cloud
The Integrations function of Woodford allows you to connect your Resco Cloud organization to various systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Match entities and fields between the two servers and exchange data. Configured connections can be used in Resco Cloud jobs and workflows to automate sync process.
The following connectors are available in the first release:
- OData: Connect to any server that supports the Open Data Protocol (OData v4).
- Resco Cloud: Connect to another organization residing on one of the various cloud servers of Resco (including Resco Inspections, Resco Routes, etc.).
|Integrations are available since release 14.1 as a preview. Contact us if you want to help us shape this function to better match your needs.
Updates of the default app projects
The default app project for Dynamics now includes brand new icons. Additionally, we have enabled the default opening hours for the Account entity.
Resco Cloud field service
The default field service projects for Resco Cloud have received numerous updates with new features introduced in the recent releases, including home screen badges, tree views, client portal, and many more.
In addition, they now includes a brand-new function for maintenance/service agreements and recurring jobs: Track contracts signed with your customers and set up recurring jobs/visits in just a few clicks.
The Configure Run Report command feature introduced in the previous release gained an additional parameter: autosavesigneddoc controls whether a report should be automatically saved when users sign it.
If you in charge of providing support to the end users of Resco mobile apps, you have now an additional tool at your disposal: Storage analyzer is a collection of reports providing statistical data about the local storage of Resco mobile apps, with a particular focus on the database storage and binary documents (blob storage). Full list of available reports:
- AppData report
- Entities report
- BlobStore report
- File annotations report
- Cloud documents report
- LastSyncTime report
- DocuSign report
- Database internals report