Resco CRM sync
Resco CRM server can connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. By creating a connection between these two organizations, you will create Resco CRM organization based on the Dynamics CRM organization metadata. So that all entities and fields from Dynamics CRM will be replicated in newly created Resco CRM organization. It also synchronizes data from Dynamics CRM to Resco CRM and vice versa.
A change in data in the Dynamics CRM will be synchronized to Resco CRM periodically and a change in the Resco CRM will be pushed to Dynamics CRM immediately after saving the change.
|Note||This feature should only be used when you want to synchronize Dynamics CRM organization with a newly created Resco CRM organization. It is not needed for Woodford itself. Also, this feature is not available with Salesforce.|
There are a number of possible reasons why connect Resco CRM and Dynamics, such as:
- Using it for your sales or technician forces, with Mobile CRM app instead of having them to connect to Dynamics CRM server.
- Migration from Dynamics to Resco CRM.
Creating a connection
- Select Resco CRM sync from the Administration menu of Woodford.
- Click Connection to open the Resco CRM Sync Connection Setup screen.
- In Resco CRM Login section, configure Url, Username (email), and Password of your Resco organization that you want to create. As Url, specify either a unique organization name, or type the exact URL, for example
https://MyDynamicsCopy123.rescocrm.com. Do not use an existing Resco CRM organization URL. If you are connecting from a Resco CRM server organization, these parameters cannot be changed.
- In Dynamics CRM Login section, enter the Url, Username, and Password of your Dynamics CRM organization. If you are connecting from Woodford for Dynamics, the Url is already set.
- Click Connect. A new organization is created on Resco CRM, including entities and entity fields based on the organization on Dynamics CRM. If you're connecting from an existing Resco CRM organization, Dynamics entities and fields are added to existing entities and fields.
You can click Disconnect if you want to request deletion of the Resco CRM organization.
Once connected, you can select which entities are used for data synchronization. In other words, you need to define what data and the corresponding entities should be synchronized between the Dynamics CRM organization and the Resco CRM organization.
- Update Server
- Synchronizes metadata changes. For example, when you add a new entity or field in your Dynamics CRM organization, use it for updating your Resco CRM organization.
- Sync All
- Synchronizes all data of the selected entities between the Resco CRM organization and Dynamics CRM organization.
- Saves changes in the list of entities and in the synchronization filters.
- Sync Filter
- Specifies a filter for the data per entity; what records to sync from the Dynamics CRM organization to the Resco CRM organization, so that you only transfer the relevant data.
- Sync Deletion
- For each entity, you can customize how delete operations and ownership changes on Dynamics CRM should be handled:
- Clear this option to use simple incremental synchronization for updating this entity. Information about deletions is not transferred to Resco CRM. This is the default behavior.
- Enable this option to synchronize also deletions and ownership changes. This makes the synchronization slower, particularly for large tables.
- Imports a configuration from a file.
- Exports the selected configuration (list of entities, fields, and sync filters).
Offline Transactions tab
In normal operation, Resco CRM sends data changes to Dynamics CRM immediately. If the connection is not available, the new and modified records are collected at Resco CRM. Once the connection is restored, the changes are sent to Dynamics.
The Offline Transactions tab shows the individual transactions along with their Status:
- All - all transactions
- Pending - transactions waiting for upload
- Processed - transactions successfully delivered to Dynamics
- Error - transactions unsuccessfully delivered - this is the default view
- Archived - transactions manually marked as Archived
Use the toolbar buttons to change the status of transactions:
- Set to Pending: Schedule selected transactions for a new delivery.
- Set to Archived: Mark selected transactions as Archived. These changes will not be delivered to Dynamics.
- Set all to Pending: Schedule all failed transactions (with the status Error) for a new delivery.